18th Prix Marulic – International Festival of Radio Plays and Documentary Radio Dramas
(May 17-23 2014 Hvar/Croatia)
The 18th edition of “Prix Marulic Festival – Old texts revisited!” (held on the island of Hvar) has presented 43 broadcasts from all over the world; 15 in Drama Category, 16 in Documentary and 12 in Short Form Category.
At the end of festival jury members chaired by Ilinca Stihi from Romania and Ljubo Pauzin from Croatia, have decided:
(Attached: you will find the comments about the winning pieces written by our Jury Presidents: Ljubo Pauzin and Ilinca Stihi)
Grand Prix Marulic (awarded with the lighthouse statue, diploma and a monetary award) go to the Finland, Poland and Germany.
DRAMA CATEGORY, Prix Marulic 2014:
1. (Grand Prix Marulic): Germany (WDR): Clemens Schönborn: “The Lady of Camellias”
2. Germany & Austria (WDR): Krok & Petschinka: “Circus Maximus”
3. Sweden (Teatr Weimar & Swedish Radio): Jorgen Dahlqvist: ”Hamlet II: exit ghost”
DOCUMENTARY CATEGORY, Prix Marulic 2014:
1.(Grand Prix Marulic): Poland (Polskie Radio Lublin in cooperation with Deuschlandfunk): Kasia Michalak ”The Golden Boy”
2.UK (BBC Wales): Jeremy Grange: “Arthur in the Underworld”
3. Independent (Zerwe-Zane Productions): Malgorzata Zerwe, David Zane Mairowitz-Love Tunnels: “Getting Married in Las Vegas – Radio Road Movie”
SHORT FORM, Prix Marulic 2014:
1.(Grand Prix Marulic): Finland (Finnish Radio Broadcasting Company ): Taina Riikonen: “A Painful Embrace”
2Croatia (HRT): M. Pijaca, J. Mesarić: “We Went to Kornati Islands and Washed Our Faces in the Salty Sea
3. Romania (Radio Romania): Mihnea Chelaru, Ion Andrei Puican: “Countdown”
Award “Hvar Theatre” went to member of Prix Marulic Team – Milan Lakoš.