Dear friends and colleagues,
Welcome to Norway and to the 39th edition of the International Feature Conference in Bergen.
The International Feature Conference 2013 will take place at the Hotel Grand Terminus in Bergen, from Sunday 12th May – Thursday 16th May 2013.
The International Feature Conference is a forum for programme-makers, young and old, who love the art – and the craft – of the radio feature to come together once a year from all corners of the globe to celebrate the highest form of factual radio. It’s an opportunity first and foremost to listen to and discuss programmes. Also there will be major presentations such as
- On interrogation days the mass murderer from Utøya 22/7 is questioned for up to 10 hours. Police psychologist Asbjørn Rachlew talks about interviewing techniques and how he adviced the interrogation team.
- When power hits back. Swedish award winning journalists Bo Göran Bodin and Daniel Öhman talk about their work with investigative documentaries on radio. Program Director in NRK, Per Arne Kalbakk, comments on the challenges for the broadcasting companies.
- The Power of Sound. Chair of The Sound Agency and many times TED-speaker, Julian Treasure, talks about how sound affects us.
To guarantee the high quality of programmes presented and a wide range of entries, there will be a pre-selection process. We would ask you to pay particular attention to the accompanying documentation, which outlines how to participate and contribute programmes, plus all the relevant deadlines.
Your HOME for IFC 2013 – https://ifc2.wordpress.com/2013-39th-ifc-bergen-home/
Below the INFO, the FORMS and the DEADLINES
read, download, fill in and send to us!
- IFC 2013_Invitation, Bergen.doc (Including HowTo CONTRIBUTING PROGRAMMES, with all important links and deadlines, e.g.the first deadline: Feb 15, 2013)
- IFC 2013_AttendanceForm.doc (download and send back to indicate addresses – deadline March 22, 2013)
- IFC 2013_HotelBooking.doc (download and send back to indicate address – deadline March 22, 2013)