This page is a list of old messages from the above month of previous IFC websites.
Many links will no longer work, but are usually still to recover!
Please contact us for your specific questions.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
to start my best wishes for 2009
I found a nice video on youtube …
Despite old, there is still not much changed.
grt. Ward Weis (Belgium)
Tutu you wish for 2009
It is not the joke that counts, it is the laughter.
And this is a really warm one. Just got this file from icy Canada.
Quelques calories pour 2009!
check out: Flip Camera
Reminder of the Ake Blomstrom deadline, 23.1.2009 | Call for Ake Blomstrom entries 2009
Reminder of the Ake Blomstrom deadline, 23.1.2009
As you know, the next International Feature Conference (IFC) will be held in Dublin at the kind invitation of RTÉ/Ireland from 09 to 14 May 2009.
On behalf of Berit Hedemann (email@example.com ), please find below the call out for participation in the Åke Blomstrøm scheme.
Head of Eurosonic/Radio Plus
GREAT POSSIBILITY FOR A YOUNG RADIO PRODUCER by: Berit Hedemann, (photo)
Each year 3 young and promising feature makers has the possibility to get money from the Ake Blomstrom Memorial Prize to attend the International Features Conference. The prize money will cover the travel, the stay and living expenses during the Conference.
On the IFC, the young feature makers will meet experienced feature makers from all over the world, and listen to and discuss a broad range of inspiring radio documentary programs, in addition to workshops and seminars on radio documentary making.
The IFC this year will be held by RTE in Dublin in Ireland 9-14 May 2009.
Who can get an Ake Blomstrom Award?
• Any young and unrecognised feature maker aged 35 years and under on the closing date for application in any given year
• They may be freelance producers or employees of broadcasting corporations and institutions involved in and/or attending the International Features Conference. The working language on the IFC is English.
• All submissions should be made by individuals i.e. group entries are not acceptable.
The following should be sent to each member of the selection committee listed below:
• A short CV including date of birth, education and radio career to date
• A letter of support from the relevant broadcasting corporation or institution
• a CD copy of a complete programme not exceeding 30’00 duration
a CD copy of a coherent programme extract of 13’00 to 18’00 duration
It is not possible to send the programme on other formats than CD.
• A short summary of the programme in English, to be sent on paper.
• A complete English translation of the programme or programme extract submitted, to be sent on paper.
If the programme is in English, a complete transcript is needed.
The closing date for the entry of submissions for the 2009 Ake Blomstrom Memorial Prize is January 23. 2009.
In order for a submission to be considered, each member of the selection committee should have received the materials listed above by the closing date.
The prize was established in the late 1980s in honour of Ake Blomstrom (31/12/31 – 31/5/85), for many years Head of Documentaries in Swedish Radio and deeply committed to the work of his young colleagues.
Today, the Ake Blomstrom Memorial Prize is a joint venture between SR (Sweden), DR (Denmark), YLE (Finland), NRK (Norway), RBB (Germany), ORF (Austria), BRT (Belguim), HRT (Croatia) and RTÉ (Ireland) who together sustain the prize by means of an annual donation into a bank account held under the aegis of the EBU.
Selection Committee 2009
105 10 Stockholm
Rundfunk Berlin Brandenburg
The selection Committee will reach its decisions by 23 February 2009, whereafter all entrants will be notified of the result. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail or telephone.
Chairperson, Ake Blomstrom Memorial Prize
0047 – 23 04 88 21, or 0047 – 41 55 60 87